2nd Info Day – Amity University Haryana
30th October 2018 to 3rd November 2018
The aim of CABCIN’s “2nd Info Day” series is to expand the reach of knowledge gained through the project, by the trainers in higher education institutions of India, to other schools and universities in their region. Thus, amplifying the positive effect of the project.
Under this 2nd Info Day Series, Amity University Haryana will organize “Workshop on E-learning and learning management system (Moodle)”,
Target Audience: All interested faculty members of the university: Newcomers as well as Experienced. The objective is to acquaint them with this e-learning platform.
30th October 2018 – Amity University Haryana Campus
1st November 2018 – SAITM, Farukhnagar
3rd November 2018 - MBLM College of Education, Bilaspur
Content of the training: Understanding E-learning, Learning Management System (LMS) and its types, m-learning, need and benefits., methods , Contents, E-learning Tools, What is Moodle and MOOC? Understanding Moodle and its benefit for teachers and students. Getting Moodle , installing Moodle on free sites, on your personal computer/laptop, installing on webserver online, First interaction with Moodle, editing mode, resources and activities, Configuring your site, creating categories and courses, enrolling teachers and students, adding static course materials
Resource Persons from Amity University: Mr Ankit Dhamija, Dr. Vikas Thada, Dr. Yogesh Kumar Patter
Dr. Bhavana Adhikari (Project Management Board Member from AUH for CABCIN) and Dr. Vivek jaglan (Coordinator from AUH for CABCIN) would be guiding the event.
Hands On Activities during the workshop
- Online search for 10 best LMS and various organization /universities using them
- Creating your moodle account and site on cloud
- Search various sources from you can get Moodle installer for local hosting.
- Installing Moodle on local host
- Installing Moodle on domain hosting
- Getting familiar with Moodle
- Designing and developing categories and courses
- Adding users and assigning roles to them
- Enrolling users into various courses
- Adding various activities in your courses
After the workshop, trainees will be able to:
- Comprehend the concept of E-learning and learning management system (LMS)
Understanding E-learning, Learning Management System (LMS),m-learning, need and benefits., methods, contents- E-learning Tools.
- Demonstrate the use of Moodle from student/teachers perspective.
Application and benefits of Moodle.
- Implement Moodle installation through various methods
Installation of Moodle on free sites, on personal computer/laptop and webserver online.
- Design and implement various courses and different rights and permissions.
First interaction with Moodle: editing mode, resources and activities, configuring website, creating categories and courses, enrolling teachers and students,
adding static course materials.
- Apply and analyze various features of Moodle for administrator and teacher
Features for teachers and administrators.